Thursday, June 5, 2008

William's Birthday!

Today is William's 9th birthday! I woke him up by singing to him. And just so you know...I can't sing. Lawrence won't let me sing to him. And my own mother once leaned over to me in church when I was little and said: "Why don't you just hum along?!" (She's hates when I tell that story.)

So our little man is nine...

He asked for pancakes for his birthday breakfast, so I got up early and mixed up some batter and threw in a little yellow food coloring and created...

SPONGEBOB!

He was so excited. It was too cute. He didn't seem to mind that SpongeBob seemed to have one leg in a cast or was suffering from some disease that causes major inflammation of the extremities. I also decorated the kitchen with Happy Birthday banners. It was very fun.

We let him open one of his presents...which was (of course) "SpongeBob: The Movie." He loved it and it is fun because he is so easy to please. He has to wait until this evening to open the rest. We got him another SpongeBob DVD, a 10 family games in one box thing (it includes Chinese checkers, Chess, checkers, etc.), and we got him Heelys (those shoes with wheels). He has been asking for them since he moved in so I think he'll squeak like a little mouse when he opens them. For now he was just happy to have SpongeBob pancakes...talk about appreciating the little things!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

happy birthday william!!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY