Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Welcome to the Family Party

Our friends Gary and Jamie threw us a Shower to welcome William to the family. It was a combined "Big-guy shower" and birthday party. It was awesome. The two of them did such an amazing job and everything was just perfect. The three of us had so much fun and William did so well. I thought he might have a melt down from being overstimulated and receiving too many presents, but he did awesome. Until right before bedtime he was a rock star. He was cute and sincere and sweet and very appreciative. I was sooo proud of him.

And we had a blast. It was a crazy mixture of our families and our different groups of friends. I think everyone had fun, but I'm positive that my family did. Of course there isn't a party that my family wouldn't enjoy. My sister, Abby, made him a SpongeBob cake. It was so cute. I'll post pictures once I get them from Jamie (I kept losing my camera throughout the night. Of course the beer I was drinking could have had something to do with that).

The highlight of the party was when William opened his presents. He was so grateful and was opening one at a time and commenting on them (in a good way) before moving on. And then...he opened "The Box!" Our friends Gary, Jamie, Charisse, John, Jelena, and Ian had all gone in together and bought him a Wii.

My little brother was sitting there and he said that he got choked up at William's reaction. He opened it, squealed a little, and then these big alligator tears just started rolling down his face. He was so happy and so excited that he cried. It was honestly one of the most heartfelt responses I have ever witnessed.

And since the party, we all have LOVED having the Wii. It really does rock. Lawrence and I have stayed up until 1 am a couple of weeknights playing the dumb game. It is really fun!!!

Good Times!!

No comments: