Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Audrey's Third Birthday

The above picture just cracks me up. For one, it is just too cute. Audrey (in the middle) was about a month away from her birthday in this picture. She just looks so big. And then there is the protective big brother, Alex, holding onto her. With Justin, the silly middle brother, with his hand in his armpit.

Meanwhile, Maya is just too cool! "Look at me world!"

So, I can't believe Audrey is three. She's the youngest of the nieces and nephews. They grow up so quick. As with tradition in their family, Audrey has now transitioned into a big girl bed and she started preschool. She is really, really into Angelina Ballerina and is taking ballet lessons. Of course, surprise, she picked an Angelina birthday cake.

She got a doll house from her mom and dad too, which she had to show to everyone. I think William even played with it a little bit.


It was a fun birthday party. I mean how can you go wrong when cake and ice cream are involved! My favorite part of the whole party was when we were opening presents and I looked over and William was sitting between grandpa's legs. I got a little choked up thinking about leaning my head on my dad's shoulder during church growing up. It seems like yesterday.

William has taken to my parents so quickly. He already calls them Grandma Paulette and Grandpa Ken. Of course, since they specialize in spoiling grandkids rotten I figured it wouldn't take them long to suck him in. He loves spending the night at their house...chilling in the hot tub... playing on grandpa's playstation...fishing in the lake...riding his scooter around the lake...etc. He never wants to leave. Of course I think he talks them into giving him soda, which we won't give him, so that helps in the bribery category!

Anyway, I had a picture of him and grandpa from the party, but our camera got stolen. So instead, it has to just be one of those mental memories. Picturing the two of them just makes me revert back to being nine years old and knowing I was safe as long as my dad was around...

No comments: